Internet has made our life easier. Now we can do most of our tasks direct from our systems or smartphones.
Now we can do many things sitting at home like online shopping, book railway tickets, movie tickets, money transfer etc. In India, online shopping business is growing too fast. We use our cards to make online transactions. But providing financial information for online activities can also put your money and your identity at risk.
To protect your online banking accounts, you should be aware of threats and know how to protect yourself online.
Here are some tips, you can follow and make your online transactions fully secure.
1. Always check Payment gateway and Page URL: The first thing you have to check Page url and payment gateway. payment gateway asks to select appropriate bank and options. There are few payment gateways that are popular enough and well-known. On those, you can pay.
But be sure to check the URL. Sometimes hackers use phishing to make fake page looks exact the same as original website. While payment, it always connect to bank, at this moment, you must check the bank login URL and make sure website run on https protocol. More Information for HTTPS.
2. Use Virtual Keyboard for Better Security: All banking websites support virtual keyboard. If you are using any public computer or your friend’s computer you should use virtual keyboard. This will protect your password from keylogger.
3. Use Strong Password: Choose a strong password filled with numbers, symbols, and lowercase/uppercase letters. and also change your passwords in every 1-3 months. The more often, the better.
4. Use Updated Antivirus: Always keep up-to-date antivirus and firewall security programs. Scan your computer frequently and check to make sure your firewall is turned on before shopping online, paying bills, or accessing your bank accounts.
5. Use a trusted third-party service: Use a trusted third-party service, such as PayPal, Skrill to help protect your private information during secure online transactions. These sites provide dispute services and secure financial transactions for a small fee.
6. Download Apps from Official Stores: If you use your smartphone for online shopping or any other transaction, you should always download smartphone apps from official app store. There are many fake stores are available online which contains apps binded with Trojan. So it is risky to use apps from these fake app store. Official apps have all original apps then why to take risk. If you are android user then always use google play store not others. Android users also visit https://www.androidhunk.com/ for android tips.
7. Avoid Public Computers and Public Wi-Fi Hotspot: Although, you are following all tips written above, it is recommended not use public computers for making online transactions. In many shopping malls and hotels, we can get free wi-fi hotspot. We should avoid using these wi-fi networks for online transactions. Its best to do your shopping at home, from your own computer.
8. Don’t use one-click or easy-pay payment options. Make sure every transaction requires your password.
9. Consider using prepaid debit cards for your online secure transactions.
10. Always log out after accessing your shopping or banking accounts, then close your browser. Don’t allow your computer to store your usernames and passwords for shopping and banking sites.
If you are following all the given tips, you are secure enough. Try to use tips every time you shop online and then make transactions without any worry. I also encourage people to use Internet and make life easier, But Follow some tips and enjoy the new age of Internet.