Fixed: Lint found fatal errors while assembling a release target- Android Studio

Today I got an error in Android studio while generating a release APK, “Lint found fatal errors while assembling a release target”. Although App is running successfully in Debug mode. This error happens when we have some issues in some XML files or some other issue not allowing the APK to build. We have the following ways to solve this error.

How to Fix Lint found fatal errors

Android studio shows all build errors in html & xml file present at the following link. The best way to solve this error is, just open that file in your browser, check the error and fix it.

For that navigate to the following file & open it in the browser.

/YOUR_APPLICATION/app/build/reports/lint-results-release-fatal.html

Lint found fatal errors

When I opened the file in my browser I have seen the following error report. In my scenario, we can see I have an error in my XML file. In your scenario, the error can be different. Just trace your error and try to fix it.

Lint found fatal errors fixed 1

In Android Studio, you can also use Analyze > Inspect Code menu option to manually run inspections. Inspection Results window. Here you find the official Android documentation.

Alternative Solution-

There is another way to suppress the lint warnings by adding below code into your build.gradle file as Android Studio suggested. But it’s not recommended.

android {
  lintOptions {
    checkReleaseBuilds false
    abortOnError false
  }
}
Abhay Pratap Singh
Abhay Pratap Singhhttps://www.itechcube.com
Abhay Pratap Singh is Digital Entrepreneur, Who is Making Money From the Internet since 2012. He Also Works as a Freelancer and Does Web and Mobile app Development. Apart from That, He Invests in Stock Market and Crypto Currencies. Here in iTechCube, Writes about Blogging, WordPress Guides, and Tutorials to help begginers.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here